Autumn is definitely here and the darkness is taking its toll. But cooking spicy food in the candle light and having a glass of wine is never wrong.
One of my favorites all time favorite pasta recipe makes comebacks in my kitchen every year. Pollo limonello. This pasta recipe is actually from a restaurant in Helsinki called Bar 9 and it has been on the menu at least for a decade and there is a clear reason why. This pasta is known for its creaminess from turkish yoghurt, its yellow color from turmeric, nice sting from chili and freshness from a lemon.
The taste of this dish is surprising and everyone I cooked this dish to has fallen in love with it. So if you’re planning to steal someones heart, cook pollo limonello!
Pollo limonello for 4 persons:
3 organic chicken breast / soy strips
50 g butter / olive oil
Chili flakes after your own liking
2 dl heavy cream / oat cream
1 tbs chicken stock
1 tsp turmeric powder
3 garlic cloves
1 cm of fresh ginger
1/2 a lemon
2 tbs of honey
2 dl turkish yoghurt
200 g spaghetti or some other pasta
- Chop the chicken breast and fry them on a frying pan. Add then the chopped onion, chili flakes, turmeric and let sauté.
- Pour in the cream and chicken stock. Let it boil for a while.
- Start to cook the pasta
- Add the garlic, ginger, juice of the half lemon and honey. Continue cooking on a low heat.
- When the sauce is not boiling anymore and cooled down a bit, add then the yoghurt and salt after your liking.
- You can mix the sauce with the pasta or have the sauce on top of each other. Garnish with fresh basil and parmesan if wanted.