As a teacher I am privileged to have several breaks during the school year and it is something I am really thankful of and in a need of too. I have been experiencing some sort of exhaustion at work and I am doing my best to recover from it by doing the things I love, meditate, exercise and do yoga as much as I can. This week we are having one week sports break in Malmö and I have more time to publish things on Instagram and also to try new recipes. Which I really enjoy!
Today I would like to share with you my granola recipe, it is very simple and so much cheaper to do it yourself than when buying from stores and nevertheless you can create your own favorite mix of the ingredients you love. It takes around 1hr to make this granola and as a bonus your kitchen will smell heavenly! I usually eat granola with some sort of yogurt. Plantis soy yogurt with vanilla is great vegan option!
Makes one oven / baking tray
- 3 dl oat meal
- 1 dl pumpkin seeds
- 1 dl nuts (I used walnuts)
- 0,5 dl chia seeds
- 1 dl coconut flakes
- 1 ml cinnamon
- 1 ml sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 0,5 dl honey
- 1 dl dried fruits (I used raisins but why not use apricots, cranberries etc)
- Heat up the oven up to 170°C
- Mix all the dry ingredients i a mixing bowl. Do not add the dried fruits yet.
- Melt the coconut oil and the honey in a pot on a low heat
- Mix the dry ingredients with the melted coconut oil and honey with your bare hands. Mix well and press gently so there are no dry parts left in the bowl
- Spread the granola mixture on a oven tray evenly. Roast in the oven around 30 minutes. After 10 minutes of roasting open the oven and blend the granola so that it bakes more evenly and does not burn
- Add the dried fruits couple minutes before you are done
- Let the granola to cool and conserve in air tight jars
- Eat with yogurt and fruits and berries!
Have a nice week!