Hej på dig!
This white pizza with seaweed pearls (vegan caviar), Västerbottenost (a bit smellier cheese, link here), red onion, dill and creme fraiche blew my mind! It is quite common to eat these ingredients especially during midsummer in Sweden, but separately. Now this pizza combines them together and nothing can beat this. If you have sourdough (and time) at home make your pizza dough out of it, otherwise this quick recipe for pizza dough will do as well!
Makes 2 pizzas
1/2 a bag dry yeast
2 dl water
1 tsp sugar
4 1/4 dl of high quality wheat flour (choose organic and not the cheapest and most processed one at your local store)
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
300g creme fraiche
200g Västerbotten cheese
100g seaweed pearls or roe/caviar
1/2 red onion
- Start by mixing the yeast with warm water around 38º in a mixing bowl. Add the flour and sugar bit by bit.
- Then add the salt and olive oil and knead the dough as long as it wont stick to hands anymore.
- Let the dough rest under a kitchen cloth for an hour.
- Heat up the oven to 225º
- After the dough has been resting and risen divide it into two. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin into wanted shape and size. I prefer thin crust!
- Grate the cheese and spread the creme fraiche on top of the pizzas and add the cheese on top. TIP! You can spare some of the creme fraiche if you want to have it on top of the pizza too.
- Bake in the oven for around 10 minutes and let the them cool down before adding the rest of the ingredients
- Now add the seaweed pearls, chopped red onion and dill, creme fraiche and pour over some fresh lemon juice.