A lot of has happened in June. The most important thing to mention is that we became parents to the most beautiful and kind baby girl the 11th of June. That is where my focus is right now but apparently I do manage to have time to create and write! How great.
This pasta is super easy and quick to do but tastes a lot! I used quorn bites that reminds the taste of chicken but is not made out of chicken. I really like the taste and the consistency of the quorn bites but sadly the contain egg so they are not suitable for vegans.
Spicy and creamy quorn pasta for 2
300g quorn bites
2,5 dl cream (cow or vegetarian)
3 teaspoons sambal oelek
half an onion
1 chicken or vegetarian bouillon stock
1 tablespoon honey
Fresh thai basil
oil to fry
- Start cooking your pasta in salted water and chop the onion
- Sweat the onion in oil on a medium warm frying pan and after couple of minutes add the frozen quorn bites and fry until they get warm.
- Add the sambal oelek, crush the bouillon stock and pour in the cream and honey. Stir until smooth red-ish sauce and add water if the sauce is too heavy.
- Chop one tablespoon of thai basil and add to the sauce and stir
- Turn off the heat and season with salt and pepper. Check the taste. If you want the sauce to be more spicy add more sambal oelek!
- Serve with pasta and decorate with leaves of thai basil!