Happy new decade!
I assume many of us has been eating heavily under Christmas and New Year celebrations and now body is craving for something fresh and light. This warm salad with roasted butternut squash, fried halloumi, avocado, quinoa, walnuts is perfect for January. Also very colorful and makes you feel good inside out.
Roasted butternut squash, quinoa & halloumi salad
Half a butternut squash
1 dl of quinoa
200g halloumi cheese
1 red onion
half a lemon
1-2 garlic cloves
1 dl walnuts
handful of pomegranate seeds
Cilantro (I used frozen but fresh is always tastier)
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Chop the butternut squash into big chunks and put them on a oven tray. Pour over olive oil and oregano. Roast in the oven in 200° for 20 minutes.
- Cook the quinoa following the instructions on the package. Fry the walnuts on a dry pan without any oil and set aside.
- Slice the halloumi and fry on a hot pan with canola oil and set aside.
- Chop finely the red onion and put into a bowl with the roasted butternut squash, olive oil, quinoa, apple cider vinegar, juice of half a lemon, salt, pepper, cilantro and chili flakes. Toss around so that all the ingredients gets blended.
- Put the rucola leaves on a bottom of a big salad bowl and spread out the butternut squash mix over the leaves.
- slice the avocados and put on top as well the roasted walnuts, halloumi and pomegranate seeds
- decorate with cilantro
Hope you enjoy!