Long time no see.
Having a full-time job and a baby + a blog is a bit of challenging combo with all the other interests in my puzzle. But I’ll continue posting recipes when I ever have time and have the right energy. That day seems to be today!
Awhile ago I learned to cook poké bowls at home and now I am very addicted to this Hawaiian dish. Nowadays when we cannot actually travel, Hawaii comes to you. In a bowl. Nevertheless they are very easy to do.
You only need to cook some sticky rice and chop the fruits and veggies, toast some sesame seeds and mix chili mayonnaise. Yes pleaseh! Do not forget that this dish does not have to have these exact ingredients, use what you have in the fridge! Sometimes I replace the shrimps with teriyaki quorn bites (fake chicken) and have some pickled ginger aside.
Poké bowls with shrimps for two
2dl sushi rice
1 tsp sugar
150 g shrimps or some other source of protein
1 ripen mango
2 dl frozen soy beans
150g spinach leaves
1 spring onion
half a cucumber
1 tbsp sesame seeds (black or white)
1 tsp sriracha chili sauce
1 dl mayonnaise
- Let the soy beans melt in room temperature for an hour before serving. Toss them around in bowl with pinch of salt
- Put the sushi rice in a bowl of water so that the water covers the rice. Let it soak for 20 minutes. After this cook the rice in 2dl of water and with sugar. Bring to boil and let it simmer on a medium-low heat under a lid for 10 minutes
- Peel and chop the vegetables and fruits and slice the spring onion
- Mix the mayonnaise with the sriracha sauce and toast the sesame seeds on a dry hot pan
- Use your creativity and pull together a pretty poké bowl of your own of rice (I had the rice in the bottom of my bowl), mango, cucumber, spinach leaves, avocado, soy beans and slices spring onions. Decorate with sesame seeds and the chilimayo and garnish with fresh cilantro.
Hope you are doing well during this interesting virus episode of our lives.
Do not forget to follow me on Instagram @surt.sa.raven.